Prize Giving Events
It is very important to us that we recognise the achievements of our students. Our rewards programme is an integral part of our Behaviour for Learning Policy and achievement points can be earned for a range of things including high levels of effort, good work, representing the School with distinction, consistent good conduct and achievements outside of the Academy.
On top of this we also hold five different prize giving events during the year:
- Senior Prize Giving: held in December. This is an evening event for invited students in Years 11, 12, 13 and 14 (recent alumni). Prizes include those for outstanding achievement in individual subjects as well as other contributions to the Academy.
- Junior Prize Giving: held in July. This is an evening event for invited students in Years 7, 8 and 9. Prizes include those for outstanding achievement in individual subjects, outstanding effort and other contributions to the Academy.
- Sports Presentation Evening: held in June. This is a special evening event to recognise the achievement of our Sports teams and individuals. Budmouth has a much envied reputation for the success of its teams and individuals and it is only right to recognise this with its own celebration event.
- Schools Celebration Event: at the end of each term Attenborough, Hawking, Shelley and Turing hold their own achievement assemblies. In July, a special end of year event takes place where outstanding achievements can be recognised.
- Inter Schools Awards’ Celebration: held in July. This takes place in the form of a whole Academy assembly in the Sports Hall and follows on from the ‘Schools’ Celebration Events. It is at this event that we present the overall trophy to the winning School from the academic year and celebrate the successes in the many competitions that have run over the academic year.