Ethos and Values
Our ethos and values build on the work of Dr Russ J Quaglia and the Quaglia Institute of Student Aspirations.
- The 3 Guiding Principles (Self-Worth, Engagement and Purpose) are integral to the values that we try to embed in our students. It is with these in mind that we try to create an environment in which they feel valued and supported as individuals to help them thrive socially, emotionally and academically.
- The 8 Conditions That Make A Difference are what underpin the 3 Guiding Principles. Simply, we believe that if we can embed these conditions into the day to day lives of our students, then in turn they will develop higher aspirations.
The 8 Conditions
- Sense of Accomplishment.
- Fun and Excitement.
- Curiosity and Creativity.
- Spirit of Adventure.
- Leadership and responsibility.
- Confidence to Take Action.
The following link provides more information about the Aspirations Framework that is fundamental to the work of the Aspirations Academies Trust.
The National Nurturing Schools Award
Following three years of developing and implementing a nurturing culture, we are proud to announce that Budmouth Academy Weymouth has been awarded the prestigious Whole School Nurture Award.
The award is evidence of our success in implementing and embedding a nurturing culture that responds to the social, emotional and mental health needs of our students, alongside their academic studies. We are committed to continuing to promote nurture by embedding the Six Principles of Nurture across the policies and practices at Budmouth Academy to support our students in achieving their very best outcome.